Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: DC Acts To Remove Rogue Stephanie Brown Appearance In L'il Gotham (UPDATE)d

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    Fair enough. I'm not sure about points one to three, but your argument gathers strength. Point six is undeniable.
    Point seven: variant covers?
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Why did you even type that word?
    I'm waiting for an action movie where a terrorist gives a nerd, "An Ultimatum."

Mistakenly thinking he's going to be forced to read a Jeph Loeb comic, he takes down all terrorists, everywhere.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cforshaw67220 View Post
    Point seven: variant covers?
    Point 666: One More Day

Cavemold and Pop-Tart Samson like this.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Point 666: One More Day

I didn't read OMD. But I recall Ultimatum, vividly. It seemed like there was no point any more.

Why carry on, when there was something like that in the world? I'm still not sure if I was overreacting. It created a lot of negative energy.
    Last edited by Ian Coke; 11-03-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    I didn't read OMD. But I recall Ultimatum, vividly. It seemed like there was no point any more.

Why carry on, when there was something like that in the world? I'm still not sure if I was overreacting. It created a lot of negative energy.
    I was never all that invested in the Ultimate line so I only sat down and read Ultimatum earlier this year.

Wow, was it bad. What the hell was Marvel thinking? Has the Ultimate line ever recovered? Do they like to pretend that it just didn't happen? Please don't tell me they're still building on it.
    Ian Coke likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Well ulimate spider man miles morals is doing well and ulimate x-men seems to be critically acclaimed from various comic sites

Quote Originally Posted by mbecks114 View Post
    Maybe "giant continuity plot holes" is an exaggeration, but it's been over a year and there's still a lot of confusion. Some of the Zero issues definitely helped with that but we're still learning about who these characters are now, and trying to figure out what, if anything, they used to be is still in tact. I think the 5 years thing was good in theory but it's just making everything feel squished. Especially with the Robins, which has definitely been a source of continuity bloopers, as well as the Teen Titans history, the Superman books were confusing. It also just seems that the more we learn the more people get upset.
    It's very easy - nothing happened unless they said it happened since the New 52 started. Any confusion is brought on by the readers themselves. I don't understand how the Superman books are confusing, the Robins fit into continuity just fine, as do the Titans if you ignore a couple errant references that happened early in the reboot, which aren't the same as plot holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    I was never all that invested in the Ultimate line so I only sat down and read Ultimatum earlier this year.

Wow, was it bad. What the hell was Marvel thinking? Has the Ultimate line ever recovered? Do they like to pretend that it just didn't happen? Please don't tell me they're still building on it.
    It's still essential and gets referred to all the time from what I can tell. I loved the Ultimate line, I bought everything even remotely connected to it, but I dropped the whole company after Ultimatum 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cforshaw67220 View Post
    Um... the quote you used was me describing 'Avengers vs. X-Men', which would have had to be mandated by marketing and editorial to tie in to all the spin-off series that were being produced, but which was ruined by being so utterly check-list.

The one spin-off series that was marketed as 100% non-essential?

Sorry to have wasted your time, I thought you lived on this planet...

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    It's still essential and gets referred to all the time from what I can tell. I loved the Ultimate line, I bought everything even remotely connected to it, but I dropped the whole company after Ultimatum 2.

WTF?

It still happened, but it's hardly ever referred to - the characters have bigger problems now...

There was no Ultimatum 2... or do you mean issue 2?

Ultimatum (Ultimate Marvel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast