Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FOOL: Stephanie Brown Returns In New DC Title Spoiler, To Be Funded By Kickstarter

Administrator

Default FOOL: Stephanie Brown Returns In New DC Title Spoiler, To Be Funded By Kickstarter

On Friday, DC editorial types were stating that there were no more plans for Stephanie Brown, previously Robin, Batgirl and Spoiler in the old DCU, in current books.

They were lying.

Yesterday evening at ECCC, DC Comics announced that joining The Robins by Jeff Lemire in the expected Third Wave of New DC book towards the end of the year, will be a new book, Spoiler, starring Stephanie Brown. But what will make this book, and the other five new titles different, is that they will be funded by the fans through Kickstarter.

DC Comics has made an express attempt to connect further with the fans in recent years, but have been faced with a dilemma, on how to deal with fan-favourite books that may not sell to well in the direct market. The plan is to completely fund the production of the first three issues of several new comics in advance, with the belief that interest and momentum will keep the books profitable after that. DC is also guaranteeing at least twelve issues of all the titles funded will be published.

Rewards will include digital and mailed copies of the comic, including a new format, Signed Digital, in which creators added their own digital signature individually to download copies. For higher donations, there will be rewards of virtual portfolio reviews from Jim Lee, virtual pitch reviews by Geoff Johns and virtual bollockings by Bob Harras.

It is expected that Marvel will launch a similar scheme for books such as Runaways, X-23, Generation Hope and Moon Boy And Devil Dinosaur, though using their own branded Kickstarter-alike model called Mickstarter, and claiming that they were planning to do this long before DC.

and a happy April 1st to you too

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

Considering who got banned yesterday, this gag is almost cruel.

But only almost.

Exceedingly Cool

But a Stephanie Brown/Cassandra Cain 'Gotham City Sirens' book wouldn't be that bad.

God, I hate April Fools' Day.

Consultant of Cool

april fool perhaps... but they may just do it! the kickstarter thing that is. they can test run books with other peoples money! And make themselves appear to converge towards the image comics model thats so hip right now.

I was about to reply with so much glee over a new Runaways book even if it was funded like this. I was very happy. And then I came to the comments and realized it was April Fools Day. A little piece of me died.
    Last edited by TGC; 04-01-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nietoperz View Post
    God, I hate April Fools' Day.
    You're doing it wrong
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

There are some things it is okay to fool about. Stephanie Brown is not one of them. Shame on your Rich.

Wrote the Book on Cool JSayonara's Avatar

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast