Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NC Comicon Sets Attendance Records

Robot for Front Page Blog Posts

Default NC Comicon Sets Attendance Records

The North Carolina Comicon was told, "No more" after only two hours into their show. Run by North Carolina's Ultimate Comics retailer, Alan Gill, the show saw attendance of over 4,500 people in only its 3rd year and quickly maxed out capacity.?*

Hosting such talent as Frank Cho, Cary Nord, Tommy Lee Edwards, Bernard Chang and others, the show also featured several panels. Announcements for next year's show will be coming soon.[gallery link="file" columns="5"]

Quote Originally Posted by BC Blog Poster View Post
    The North Carolina Comicon was told, "No more" after only two hours into their show. Run by North Carolina's Ultimate Comics retailer, Alan Gill, the show saw attendance of over 4,500 people in only its 3rd year and quickly maxed out capacity.?*

Hosting such talent as Frank Cho, Cary Nord, Tommy Lee Edwards, Bernard Chang and others, the show also featured several panels. Announcements for next year's show will be coming soon.[gallery link="file" columns="5"]
    I'll be going next year! I love Alan and Ultimate Comics!

Bleeding Cool

Ride on NC so far away

Wrote the Book on Cool CBattles6's Avatar

The show was an amazing time. It's big enough to get big names, but small enough that you can actually meet some of them.

My favorite two stories from the weekend happened one right after the other:

(1) There was a con exclusive wrap-around variant cover for Adventure Time #9, with the front cover drawn by Tommy Lee Edwards and the back cover painted by his daughter, Scarlett. A few hours into the con on Saturday, they announced that both Tommy and Scarlett would be signing. It was awesome to see the excitement on her face as we all lined up to get her autograph.

(2) In all the commotion surrounding the Edwardses, I noticed that the artist sitting right next to them had absolutely no line. And it was Bernard Freakin' Chang. After I got my variant signed, I introduced myself and chatted with him about North Carolina and his work while he drew me an awesome sketch of Deadman.

(Oh yeah, plus I got a Chris G. commission of Booster Gold and Batman).

Great cosplay of Carrie Kelly/Robin. Who is the cosplayer I wonder? Oh well.

VP in Charge of Cool hellblazer72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zevad View Post

Great cosplay of Carrie Kelly/Robin. Who is the cosplayer I wonder? Oh well.
    Hope she knows all about the history of the character and what books she appeared in or that cosplayer could be ran out of the next convention by YouTube ranting fanboys.
    Cavemold likes this.

Bleeding Cool

lol....... she better know who created each robin to

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    lol....... she better know who created each robin to
    You're damn right she better. We don't need no attention seeking people using their girl parts to gain the attention of unsuspecting fans. It makes me so mean angry mad. I want to go on YouTube and profess my love of comics and how I grew up with them then start ranting about people like that.
    Cavemold likes this.

Bleeding Cool

On the real if men dod drivr women from cosplay I call my congressmen. UNACCEPTABLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    On the real if men dod drivr women from cosplay I call my congressmen. UNACCEPTABLE!
    You call anyway. There needs to be a petition to sign.
    Cavemold likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast