Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Cyclops And Emma Frost Are Definitely Splitsville, And Bendis Was For Killing Professor X To Make His Comics "More Interesting"...

Administrator

Default Cyclops And Emma Frost Are Definitely Splitsville, And Bendis Was For Killing Professor X To Make His Comics "More Interesting"...

Slim Male, late-twenties, late-thirties, you decide, recent split from an Ice Queen, looking for someone to warm my heart. Red hair a plus. Evading the authorities, also good. I'll send you a pic, but my face will be covered.
    Well, since Scott Summers and Emma Frost are no longer a couple, might we see that sort of thing on Craigslist.

Brian Bendis officially confirmed that the comic he is writing for Chris Bachalo will be Uncanny X-Men, which nicely ties up a Bleeding Cool rumour that ran throughout the year, about writing the two main X-Men titles.

And he also confirmed Emma Frost and Scott Summers' status;
    The romance is done. They are not together anymore romantically. It's pretty hard to come back from what they went through in Avengers Vs. X-Men. Things were said, powers were stolen, and as we will discover in the very first issues of UNCANNY X-MEN, some things happen between them that cannot be taken back.

And because they are Scott and Emma, this breakup is going to take a while. And it's not going to be pretty, but fun to write.
    That does seem quite a motivating factor, Regarding the death of Professor X, he states;
    While we were discussing whether or not it was time for Charles Xavier to die, one of the reasons I was all for it was because it made all of my books so much more interesting.
    To me, my internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Bendis
    While we were discussing whether or not it was time for Charles Xavier to die, one of the reasons I was all for it was because it made all of my books so much more interesting.
    Way to undercut your entire premise there, Bendis
    AMDin, dEV, Evilsmurf and 2 others like this.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Cooler Than The Other Side of the Pillow kingslayer's Avatar

I loved Scott being with Emma. Their relationship was way more fun than Scott and Jean.
    Hollow, thekeith82, Marine and 5 others like this.
    "I don't need to be liked. It's nice to be liked. I want to be liked....but it's not a need....like my need to be praised." ~ Michael Scott

I did predict "Uncanny X"! I just left out the "(-Men" part!

I'm not a fan of the Scott/Emma break-up, but who knows if it will actually last, or will end up just leading to Scott/Jean 2.0 in a year or so. I'm hoping for a Summer/Frost reunion in the future.

That being said, I kind of like the new costumes, even though Mags needs sleeves ASAP.

Consultant of Cool

Well Marvel killed Xavier's dream years ago in favor of Militant Survival Team! .. and for my money, they killed the heart of what the theme of the book was always about.. And now that we actually have a chance of getting that back? They actually kill the character. Whatever. Speaking of interesting writing, what I really want to know is how many issues will Bendis fritter away having the team look for an apartment between now and the next event? (eye roll...)
    Blade X, dEV, Evilsmurf and 1 others like this.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

I wonder if current Scott will be hitting on young Jean....

Exceedingly Cool
    The deepest pits of Hel, somewhere in southern germany

Well, good riddance to that relationship. I never was a fan of it anyway. On the other hand the two of them are such assholes that they deserved each other.

Bendis really seems to get dumber from year to year. Does he really see no other way to make a book interesting then by killing off crucial characters? Appearantly not, 'cause thats about all he does. Killing characters off, writing the characters out of character and writing page after page of comics where heroes only talk with each other, heroes who all talk the same way.

He ahs his strong points, but by now his weaknesses are so annoying for me, that they drone out anything about his work that is good.
    SMARTASS8, dEV and Evilsmurf like this.

Consultant of Cool

Killing a major character makes the comic LESS interesting, you fool. Because a) there's one less major character to use, and b) everybody comes back, it's not even funny any more. Your characters just look stupid for mourning a death, especially on rereading three years (or whatever) later.
    the_Dagman, Blade X, dEV and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    And because they are Scott and Emma, this breakup is going to take a while. And it's not going to be pretty, but fun to write.
    It's quotes like this that make me glad not to have any Marvel books on my pull list.

For as much as I gather the comic writer community dislikes Mitt Romney, they sure seem to embrace his creative-destruction-plus-pump'n'dump style tactics.

Consultant of Cool

Absolutely nothing could make your books interesting, Bendis.
    paulski, Evilsmurf and Kuma like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast