Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hellboy: The Midnight Circus - A New Original Graphic Novel From Mike Mignola And Duncan Fegredo

Administrator

Default Hellboy: The Midnight Circus - A New Original Graphic Novel From Mike Mignola And Duncan Fegredo

As revealed by the TalkComix people below (just below the 5 minute mark) at the London Super Comic Convention, Duncan Fegredo will be drawing an original Hellboy graphic novel for Dark Horse Comics written by Hellboy creator Mike Mignola, entitled The Midnight Circus... and Duncan has just started thumbnailing what he calls "a great little story."

Here's the video in question, with a few other familiar faces;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URh_Dfbnv_Q[/youtube]
    not him - HIM likes this.

Goodbye, money...

So Brian really is going on an X-book and Mike Deodato could be on board
    Last edited by Blackfist; 03-04-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Rad! You can never have enough Hellboy in your life.

VP in Charge of Cool hellblazer72's Avatar

Its good to see duncan still working in the hellboy-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by hellblazer72 View Post
    Its good to see duncan still working in the hellboy-verse.
    if there's a Mouse Guard/Hellboy cross over, you know who to thank
    GreyMouser likes this.

Banned

i'm a mad hellboy fan.
    Hellboy quickly became my favorite comic book character, following Logan. and has been my favorite franchise for some time now. i read all titles related, and recently Mike convinced me to be a Baltimore fan. ive been following the Mignolaverse since the 1st stand alone printing of Iron shoes/the Corpse. i read all the weird tales and loved them, im proud to have an near complete collection.
    these few gaps are all because of DHP, its already noted how much i loathe the way DHP /HB/BPRD stories have been handled. My only hope is for them to save face with the Mignolaverse fans & collectors, but collecting them in to TPB. OR putting them on DH online, for FREE.

Recently , despite my feeling on price VS page count, i bought the MM/Corben HC. i did this for Corben but i dont want Dark Horse or Mignola to think they can make it a trend.
    ill have to see what the page VS price verdict is on this new book, otherwise im giddy to see a Mike/Duncan project!

but frankly, i think MM got into HB fatigue again, from the beginning ive been able to do a damn good job of follow what he's building. i read the old mythology books and rarely need to look a the compendium. but the last couple tri-arcs seems too quick and even rushed on the writing end. honestly there are more questions for me in the end that seem like bad expression rather then new mysteries to be unraveled.
    ill always be with the 'verse, and LOVING it. but i worry about MM/DH pushing the franchise a bit far.
    Last edited by GreyMouser; 03-04-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Dean of Cool University fredmanson's Avatar

Sorry to annoy you guys, but I want to start reading the famous Hellboy and BPRD tales. By which one I start?
    Is the Hellboy Library collection a good start?? Is there a BPRD Library collection too??
    What about Baltimore Plague and what seems to be a BPRD universe?

Thank you all for your answers!!!!
    GreyMouser likes this.

Banned

i would start at the beginning, its well worth it.

if you can afford the oversized "library" hardcovers, i say go for it. they are absolutely gorgeous, im a little jealous. i would buy them if i didnt already have it all in 1st printing floppies. i suspect that they will collect BPRD in "Library" format at some point, but you will probably get it all even if you just buy the trades (TPB).
    Be aware that the War Against Frogs TPB will be out of order. they were originally released as separate one-shots that were staggered between arcs of BPRD. when you get to that point, let me know and ill try to guide you as to which to read when (if you want). This may also happen with some TPB collections of the one-shots, but it still wont harm the enjoyment of reading them.

one day i hope they will release a collection of ALL the DHP and short stories that are spread out and hard to find. hopefully in TPB format.

also, keep in mind that there are various mini-series that connect to the Mignolaverse but may not appear in the HB/BPRD TPBs. this includes 2 Lobster Johnson minis, 2 WitchFinder minis and more. they are worth buying but not crucial. save them for after you catch up with the primary titles (Hellboy & BPRD)!
    fredmanson likes this.

Dean of Cool University fredmanson's Avatar

@GreyMouser: Thank you very much for your help, Brother!!!!!

I will start with the Library edition. With the $$ which is dropping vs the Euro, the prices are well worth excellent now!!!
    For the BPRD stories, DH has published its first two hardcovers which contains each 3 trades in massive 408/480/448 FC pg.
    Prices in France are EUR 26.60 each. The third HC is to come in April, the 17th. Wow. At only EUR 19.60... CHEERS!!!!!

For the Hellboy Library edition, the price is much higher. But affordable: EUR 38.00-45.00 for the already available ones and... EUR 28.00 for the 5th volume!!!!

The two Baltimore HC are reserved too!!

But I have another resources channels for the US books!!!

Banned

Fred:
    just be aware that the over-sized library editions are loaded with extras which make for a fan's wet dream, but also expensive $$$. considering the price, double check the reviews for each before you order them!

BUT

you do not need these editions if you just want to read the stories! the TBP editions are quite nice, and certainly cheaper!

Lastly,
    you may or may not want to read the Weird Tales stories. they are interesting, but are NOT in the flow of the big plot lines. they can be entertaining as one-shots. but may be saved until you get HOOKED and are craving extra adventures of your favorite BPRD characters!
    Last edited by GreyMouser; 03-05-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast