- Announced: “Cataclysm: The Ultimates Last Stand” Bendis/Bagley, five issues, November, 616 Galactus coming to Ultimate Earth and eating it.
- Bendis says: “Very, very important chapter in all the Ultimate books, featuring all the characters from the Ultimate books, including Miles Morales. Breaks up the barriers between Ultimate and 616 as more and more discover where Galactus came from. Not only can they not just kill him, but they can’t send him back without sending him to eat another universe. Legitimately the biggest change in the Ultimate U since its creation.”
- There will be crossovers between the mini and the ongoing Ultimate books through the entire event.
- The panel refused to answer definitively whether or not the Ultimate Universe would end at the end of the event, but when someone asked if we would ever see a Miles Morales book set in the 616, the answer was, “Read ‘Cataclysm.'” (Of course, that was the answer to everything.)
- Someone asked when Peter Parker is going to come back to the Ultimate U, and who he’ll be, Bendis definitively stated that Peter has “passed away,” and will not return. But that a 200th issue of “Ultimate Spider-Man” is coming, and the Peter fan will want to read that.
- Someone asked if we’ll ever get a follow up to the end of “Spider-Men,” where 616 Peter looks up Miles Morales in the Marvel U. Bendis says there are “big plans” for that moment, and he also said that “Cataclysm” is in some ways a sequel to “Spider-Men,” since it deals with the emotions of people finding out about another universe.
[Have a question for the entertainment experts at BC? Use the Ask BC form instead. Have a comics, film, games, or entertainment commentary that's too epic for a comment thread? Use BC Letters to the Editor.]