Keith Giffen and Dan Jurgens are joining forces to take on SUPERMAN for DC COMICS-THE NEW 52. Jurgens will be writing the ongoing, modern-day adventures of the Man of Tomorrow, with Giffen illustrating.
“In my mind, Superman is still the first and best,” said Jurgens. “He is the premier character in comics. As a writer, the thing I like best about Superman is the incredibly wide parameter of stories that suit him. Whether it’s a cosmic enemy that threatens the entire planet or a next door neighbor who’s confronted with an incredible moral dilemma, Superman is at home with both and everything in between. As an artist, the thing I like is the sense of power and integrity Superman embodies. There’s something about drawing that majestic figure in flight with the cape and classic ‘S’ shield that will always be a kick. Working with Keith Giffen, one of the most creative guys in comics, who comes up with more ideas in five minutes than most guys do in a week, is the topper. I can’t wait to get started.”
“Are you kidding? It’s SUPERMAN! The sky is the limit!” said Giffen. “I don’t care what anyone says, Superman is DC’s flagship title and Dan and I are going to sweat blood to make sure that everyone out there knows why. The sense of wonder that defined the character for so long is, most definitely, coming back. Big time.”
No strangers to DC COMICS-THE NEW 52, the duo joins SUPERMAN fresh from a three-issue run on GREEN ARROW.
Look forward to their take on SUPERMAN, beginning with issue #7.
- It’s On. Marvel Vs. Fox As Both Avengers 2 And Days Of Future Past Will Feature Quicksilver
- JJ Abrams’ Star Wars Teaser Trailer – Afterwards They Will Explode
- Sony Will “Never Ever Ever” Let Go Of Spider-Man Movie Rights
- Get Your Chris Claremont On In This Week’s Uncanny X-Men
- Is This The Dirtiest Joke Ever Told In A Batman Comic? From Batman Inc #11…
- Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes At Marvel – From Dexter Soy To Deadpool
- No, Philadelphia, You Can’t Play Superheroes Anymore
- Mystique Is All Made Up On The Set Of X-Men: Days Of Future Past
- DC Comics To Pay 75% OF Comic Stores Advertising If Its Got Superman In It
- Does This Moustache Confirm An Old Days Of Future Past Rumour?