An interesting job posting popped up on LinkedIn this week as Amazon is looking to hire an Esports Manager for the company. The job will be working with Twitch, but by the way the job is described, it sounds like it will be more of an Amazon position rather than one for Twitch directly. You can read the listing here, and we have the qualifications for you below. It looks like an interesting gig, and we're a little curious how it will play into Amazon's gaming side of things in the long run. But if you're looking for a job in gaming, this is a cool opportunity.
- BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in esports-related event production, product management, or ecosystem development
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Experience building or working on grassroots competitive programs
- Held community, product, broadcast production, or marketing management positions with involvement in competitive gaming
- Able to navigate complex internal content approval processes and stakeholder management
- Have an existing, established network within the esports industry
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.