Welcome to the pretty-much-mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. A run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here. We also caught up with Ram V and the rest of White Noise’s plans for 2020, and appropriately the 5th of November is Ram V’s birthday too.
The 10 most-read stories yesterday
- Opinion: Pioneer Bans Will Be Fierce – “Magic: The Gathering”
- The X-Men Take on a Sentinel in New Iron Studios Statue
- “Joker” Review: A Spectacularly Dull Movie with Nothing to Say
- “Supernatural”: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles Respond to Arrest
- “The Terminator” (1984) Doesn’t Stand the Test of Time
- Opinion: Why We Should Support “Magic: The Gathering”
- So “Watchmen” is “SORT of a Sequel”? Squid: “No Comment” [Opinion]
- “The Rookie” Season 2 “Fallout” Ripped From The Headlines [PREVIEW]
- “Terminator: Dark Fate”: Fantasy Writer Joe Abercrombie Contributed a Major Element to the Movie
- All Hope is Lost in Justice League #35 [Preview]
One year ago…
- The Death of Civility in Next Week’s Immortal Hulk #8
- The Walking Dead’s Lauren Cohan on Leaving Series, Season 10 Return
- How Tom King and Andy Kubert’s Superman Pushes Walmart’s Buttons
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 5 ‘What Comes After’ (LIVE-BLOG!)
- Alleged Kentucky Kroger Shooter Complained About Racebending Superheroes
- London Book Club – V For Vendetta, The Sheaf, 24 Southwark Street, London 7-9pm.
- Islington Comic Forum, North Library, Manor Gdns, London 6.30pm.
- Shoe Lane Comic Forum, Shoe Lane Library, Little New Street, London 5.30-7pm.
And a happy birthday to…
- Ram V, of These Savage Shores, Catwoman and Grafity’s Wall.
- Jim Steranko, of Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Cartoonist Diana Tamblyn of From Earth to Babylon: The Story of Gerald Bull and the Supergun.
- Ron Fortier, writer of Green Hornet and The Terminator comics.
- Robert Loren Fleming, writer and editor, co-creator of Thriller and collaborator with Keith Giffen.
- Adriane Nash of Dream Factory
- Trevor Mueller, writer of Albert The Alien
- The First, Quasar, X-O Manowar and Green Lantern artist, Andy Smith.