After one of the best PR stunts in video game history took place with 36 hours of anger and hilarity over a black hole, Fortnite has finally returned. While a great number of players were sleeping, the company finally kicked off an animation that relaunched the game. The black hole chimed, some music kicked in, and the intro video to Chapter 2 played. You got a whole new map with new sights to see, new skins to buy, and new ways to level up. Here's a few details of what changed and what's new to the game, along with two trailers for the launch of Chapter 2.
Chapter 2 brings some huge changes to Fortnite. You can check out some highlights below, and we encourage you to drop in and check it out for yourself, because there's so much more.
- Drop in to a New World – Choose your landing spot and explore an all-new island featuring 13 locations.
- New Water Gameplay – Swimming, Fishing, Motorboats, and more!
- Support Your Squad – Heal your squad with the Bandage Bazooka, carry your fallen teammates to safety, and celebrate with new group emotes like high fives!
- Hideouts and Explosives – Hide in Haystacks and Dumpsters to get the drop on your opponent or go in blazing by blowing up gas tanks and explosive barrels.
- Upgraded Combat – Get back to basics and battle enemies with a streamlined weapon arsenal. Upgrade weapons using resources at the Upgrade Bench.
- More Fun, Less Grind – Level through the all-new Chapter 2 – Season 1 Battle Pass with a brand new XP system and Medals you earn in match.