Welcome to Thank FOC It’s Friday, a semi-weekly mailing list, similar to The Daily LITG, but (mostly) every Friday and planned to coincide and cover the demands of Final Order Cut Off. The date when retailers have a last chance to amend their advance orders for comic books without penalty. A final chance for publishers to promote books while orders can still be added. And a time for credits to be amends, new covers to be revealed and a final push given. This is an attempt to sift through them all and find the most relevant items.
And now it seems that Diamond Comic Distributors has decided to join in. Well, imitation is the greatest form of flattery. You can sign up here or with the form at the bottom.
So what’s FOC’ing today?
- Cecil Castellucci is rewriting Disney’s The Little Mermaid from an Arial perspective – ha ha. With art from Zulema Scotto Lavina, issue 1 is from Dark Horse for FOC.
- Absolute Swamp Thing is up for a volume 2, covering #35 to #50.
- Joe Hill‘s first Hills Of Horror title Basketful Of Heads #1 is up for FOC from DC.
- Batman Annual #4 is meant to be Tom King’s final word about the character.
- DCeased #6 final issue jumps in page count for the same price… how long before the sequel?
- We have some of what used to be called Zoom and Ink titles up for FOC, Diana: Princess Of The Amazons, written by Shannon Hale, Green Lantern Legacy written by Minh Le and Wonder Woman Warbringer originally written by Leigh Bardugo, adapted by Louise Simonson.
- Last God #1 is up.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #99 is getting closer…
- Mark Millar brings back Chrononauts with Eric Canete. And all four issues are up for FOC, out on the same day. A Netflix drop. How the hell will you order this? Don’t worry, every issue is returnable.
- Killadelphia #1 launches from Rodney Barnes and Jason Shawn Alexander.
- How did SFSX #1 do? #2 is up…
- The latest mutant launch is Excalibur – with Betsy Braddock as Captain Britain again and Apocalypse as a team member… and lots of tiered variants.
- Red Goblin: Red Death #1 is launching – has everyone forgotten this one?
- The Silver Surfer Black #1 finale – how will the Surfer be changed?
- Boom has the return of Giant Days: As Time Go By #1.
- How did Jim Henson’s Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance #1 do? Second printing and #2 up for FOC.
- Same with Plot… how did #1 do? Second printing and #2 up for FOC.
- Same with Bloodshot… how did #1 do? Second printing and #2 up for FOC.
- And Valiant are launching Roku #1… same again?
- Zenescope is launching Monster Planet #1 – and things are getting hairy.
- There is no Princeless Season 9 in individual issues, only as a TPB/OGN, and up for FOC now.
What’s on your FOC?
Sign up below and we’ll see what Thank FOC It’s Friday brings next week… on time possibly.