Konami announced today another booster set coming to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game in March 2020 with Ignition Assault. There will be two releases for this set, one of them a standard edition and one a special edition, as you can see below. The first is a 100-card booster set that heats things up with Ai’s “@Ignister” cards from the climax of Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS. You’re going to be given multiple brand-new strategies, new cards for popular strategies, and powerful general use cards. In total, you’ll have 48 Commons, 20 Rares, 14 Super Rares, 10 Ultra Rares, and 8 Secret Rares. As for the special edition, they will contain three Ignition Assault booster packs, as well as 2 (of 4) Super Rare variant cards in every box. You can read more as this set will hit shelves on March 6th.
· Keep your A.I. on the prize! Ai’s “@Ignister” strategy is a Cyberse theme with mastery of Link, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Summoning! Cynet Mining from Dark Neostorm and Firewall Dragon Darkfluid from Chaos Impact will help you to maximize this Deck’s capabilities.
· A new Beast-Warrior theme that you can use, even if you don’t have an Extra Deck, or you’re just starting to build your Extra Deck with cards from Duel Devastator. This theme makes use of Continuous Spells and Traps, so keep your “Fire Formation” cards from Fists of the Gadgets at the ready.
· No Ritual Spells? No problem! A megalithic new Ritual theme where the monsters themselves do all the heavy lifting.
· Become the scourge of the high seas! A new theme based on pirates and their ships smuggles its way into the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME. How is “piracy” in a Duel defined? How about “getting what you don’t pay for,” in this case, getting monsters out of your Extra Deck without using any materials!
· Ignition Assault also bolsters themes like Karakuri, Witchcrafter, Time Thief, and more!
· Multiple general-use cards applicable to any Deck. If you’re looking for a new mass removal Spell that can handle any type of card, or a Trap that can add any card from your Deck to your hand, look no further than Ignition Assault!