Would you like to explore Doctor Who’s TARDIS in VR? The BBC and HTC have come together for a special event where you can do just that. To celebrate the launch of the VIVE Cosmos, the two will be holding a special VR session at the Protein Studios experience in Hackney, where you can check out the TARDIS from Doctor Who: The Edge of Time. We have more details below of how you can sign up for the experience below, but if you’re a fan of the series, this is going to be a must-attend event.
Attendees will be amongst the first to try Doctor Who: The Edge of Time, produced by Maze Theory for BBC Studios, and have the chance to take up the role of the Doctor’s assistant. After stepping into the TARDIS, players will interact with the Doctor themselves and will try to pilot the spacecraft – which is temperamental at the best of times – before embarking on an epic adventure to solve the mystery behind the ‘Reality Virus’.
During the event, visitors will use HTC’s newly released VR headset, the VIVE Cosmos, which is built to be the highest performance and most versatile headset on the market. Fans can sign up for a free 15-minute slot or simply turn up on the day to secure a walk-in slot (subject to availability). Please note, players must be aged 12+.
- Dates: Friday 27th September between 10.30am – 7pm and Saturday 28th September 2019 10am – 4pm
- How much: Free to attend
- How: Members of the public can sign up for a slot on Ticket Source via https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/htcvive
- Where: Protein Studios, 31 New Inn Yard, Hackney, London EC2A 3EY
- Nearest tube: 10 min walk from Old Street underground station or 5 min walk from Shoreditch High Street Overground station
- Please note: Players must be aged 12+