Developer Corbie Games and publisher Iceberg Interactive have revealed a brand new sandbox mode will be coming to Railroad Corporation. Basically, it will allow you to mess around and create whatever your heart desires, as well as give you some ample practice in what works and what doesn’t before you dive into the core elements of the game. We have the details from the devs below as well as a video showing it off in Railroad Corporation as it currently sits in Steam’s Early Access.
In the sandbox mode, players can:
- Play two new sandbox-only maps with extra settings, such as random city locations and random production buildings.
- Choose between starting the game with the ‘Best Friend’ locomotive or by having everything researched.
- Enable or disable contract generation, the buying or constructing of production buildings and laws spawning on and off.
In addition to the sandbox mode, players now have the option of playing previously finished campaign missions in sandbox mode. This means that players can:
- Enjoy the same missions as in the campaign but without deadlines, overdraft limits or objectives.
- Play the missions without any prior research or portfolio progression being carried forward into subsequent missions.
The update also brings with it some multiplayer tweaks, such as an alternative scenario for the current multiplayer map with an extended goal, a starting capital of $200k and two pre-researched locomotives.