Hopoo Games and Gearbox Publishing have released details today about Risk Of Rain 2‘s next update, Scorched Acres, which is now live. We have the details below direct from the devs about the new character REX and the new additions to the game that you can expect to see. Enjoy the new Risk Of Rain 2 update!
A breakdown of REX’s abilities and new game content are below:
● Passive: Abilities apply WEAKEN, a debuff which reduces enemy armor, movement speed and damage.
● Primary Fire: Fires three syringes in quick succession. The third syringe applies WEAKEN and heals REX.
● Secondary Fire: REX sacrifices its own health to launch a seedpod mortar. Aims at a distant location and lands after a brief delay for huge damage.
● Mobility: Launches REX backward and shoves all nearby enemies away and applies WEAKEN to them.
● Ultimate: REX sacrifices its own health to fire a flower that PULLS all nearby enemies and ROOTS them.
New Game Features:
● New Boss – The Grovetender: The Grovetender is a hook-throwing caretaker of wisps found only in its home of Scorched Acres. The Grovetender will fire a giant barrage of seeking wisps that detonate on contact and occasionally fire a burst of hooks from its masks that pull in any survivor it hits. And yes, there is a new song to welcome in this terrifying new boss.
● New Stage – Scorched Acres: Scorched Acres takes place at sunset in a mysterious installation in the woods, filled with smog from the surrounding nearby fires. As the new alternate third stage to the snow map Rallypoint Delta, Scorched Acres houses a new monster called the Clay Templar and the new boss, the Grovetender.
● New Enemy Affix – Malachite: Malachite enemies can now spawn in later difficulties as high-tier elites. Malachite enemies possess a number of unique abilities, such as temporarily disabling player healing.
● New Items, Equipment, Drones and More: An arsenal of new items and equipment is now at players’ disposal. This includes two new drones, the Equipment Drone and the Incinerator Drone; Category Chests; six new items, such as the Old Guillotine and the Little Disciple; and three new types of equipment such as the Spinel Tonic.
● Community Suggested Changes: Quality-of-life improvements suggested by the community have been implemented. This includes the HUD now displaying the current stage count and flashing health bars when the player reaches a critical health state.