We hope you have your sunscreen ready and your weapons loaded, as Fortnite will be kicking off their “14 Days Of Summer” event today. The devs released an entire laundry list of what will be happening during the event, some of which we’ve posted for you here. But basically, you’re going to have activities almost every day to keep you busy and earn a ton of rewards in the game. Oh, and there will probably be skins and other stuff to buy, but that’s only there if you want to spend the cash. Best of luck to everyone participating in Fortnite these next two weeks.
In Battle Royale, each day will feature:
- A weapon unvaulted for 24 hours only.
- A new LTM to play (check out the full selection of LTMs that will debuting below).
- A daily challenge and free reward.
- New outfits and more in the Item Shop.
Sun’s out, fun’s out in Creative as well! Jump in daily for a new featured island.
Also in Save the World, complete a new quest every day to help Homebase host the hottest summer party around and score some summer freebies in the store. Complete quests to earn heaps of Summer Tickets; complete all 14 to unlock a new explosive weapon!
Catch you on the Battle Bus!
14 Days of Fortnite Limited Time Modes (order below is random, not indicative of what order the LTMs will release in-game)
Heavy Metal Squads
In this mode, only the “Heavy” weapon variants can be found in loot boxes. Get your loadout and get in the fight!
- Only weapons with heavy in the name
- Faster metal farming rates
- Faster storm times
Storm Chasers: Surfin’ (squads)
Ride the waves and try to stay afloat, who will be the best?
- Everyone deploys to a vehicle at the start of the game
- Impulses will drip into your inventory during the match
- Last man standing wins
Simple summer fun, try to eliminate opponents with the new Water Balloon Item.
- Respawns on
- Will primarily be able to damage people with the new water balloon item
- First to the goal score wins
Power Up Solos
Become the most powerful player in the match. Consume as many shields as you can and fight to be the last one standing.
- Respawn on at the start, but turns off after a set time
- Max shields increase every time you consume a shield
- Shield drops in supply drops greatly increased
- Shields will fill up to full when respawning is turned off
Leave None Behind Duos
United you stand strong, but divided you fall. Leave none behind!
- Slurp effect always active while no teammates are down
- If a teammate is downed, they become immune to damage
- While a teammate is downed, all other teammates lose their slurp, and begin taking damage over time