It looks like you can now have characters lose stock up close and personal in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as Nintendo added a VR mode. The news came out on their Twitter feed yesterday evening along with notes about the game, along with a number of other updates and improvements we have for you to read here. How does it work? You gotta hook up your Labo unit and switch over the options in your menu to activate it. How does it look? Nintendo provided a video which we have for you here to try and give you an idea. Regardless if you use it or not, the update is free, so go download it while you can!
— Nintendo Versus (@NintendoVS) May 31, 2019
- You can use the Toy-Con VR Goggles to enjoy Smash in VR mode via the Games & More menu.
- VR mode is a single-player experience only.
- The Toy-Con VR Goggles are sold separately as part of the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit or the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit – Starter Set + Blaster.
- This is shown on Nintendo Labo’s page as well: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/labo/with_toy-con/
- FPs can be used in Battle Arenas.
- An option to send amiibo out on journeys has been added, through which FPs go on a journey to train via the internet. You can find it via Games & More → amiibo → Send on a Journey.
- Some of the preferred rules for Quickplay battles have been adjusted.
- Game balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
- Details of fixes and changes to fighters can be found here.