The Switch release for GameTomo’s Project Nimbus: Complete Edition was just announced last month, but the game has already launched on the system and is available on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Which, obviously, means we have a new launch trailer for you.
The Complete Edition features new content never-before-seen in the United States and Europe, along with the fast, brutal mecha combat fans know the title for. In addition to the main campaign, the Complete Edition comes with two new game modes: Survival and Warfront. In Survival, players fight off waves and waves of enemies. In Warfront, players complete objective-based missions while surviving against a never-ending wave of enemies.
The Switch version of Project Nimbus also comes with Joy-Con motion control and Pro Controller support. It’s also fully playable in handheld mode.
Project Nimbus is set in the far future where three different factions fight over control of the Earth using powerful Battle Frames, which are classic mechs inspired by the creators’ love of Japanese anime. The Battle Frames can be used for combat on the ground, in the sky, and even in space.
You can check out the Nintendo Switch launch trailer for Project Nimbus below.
Project Nimbus Key Features
- High-speed battle action, piloting heavily armored Battle Frames through the war torn skies.
- Twenty-six missions in a variety of locations, including floating cities, ocean fortresses, mountain bases, futuristic prisons, and battles in space.
- Over a dozen playable Battle Frames with weapons including smart missiles, energy blades, particle cannons, floating energy shields, railguns and autonomous psychodrones.
- A sprawling storyline with battles between three different factions over a war-torn futuristic planet: the US-led CFN, the Russia-led UCN, and the shadowy terrorist Children of Fallen Nations.
- Complex bosses each with a unique fighting style, including orbiting nuclear battle mechs, bands of deadly pilots, and weaponized flying ships.
- Missiles, rail guns and cannons for long range combat…energy blades and blade rushes for melee!
- Bonus Survival Mode lets you choose from an entire hangar of Battle Frames, and then you must battle endless waves of enemies with increasing power.
- WARFRONT mode includes massive replayability with six unlimited mission modes including Base Defense, Interception, and Assassination. Six levels of pilot (including Legendary) and Battle Frame customization will keep you playing for hours more.