tinyBuild’s Pathologic 2 will be launching soon, and in celebration of the release, we have a brand new trailer that walks you through the major gameplay mechanics and systems in the game, so you can jump right in on launch day.
If you played the first game, quite a bit of Pathologic 2 should feel familiar, but for those who haven’t played the first game, the overview is super helpful. That said, having a refresher course is always nice.
The overall setup for Pathologic 2 is pretty straightforward. The player has 12 days to fight a deadly disease outbreak in a secluded rural town where they can’t save everyone. The game is a narrative-driven thriller, so most of the game hinges upon player choice. Which gives it a nice bit of replayability.
You can check out the gameplay overview trailer below.
- 12 days in an odd town ravaged by a deadly disease.
- Time is of the essence: if you don’t manage it carefully, it’ll simply run out. You’ll have to choose how to spend the priceless minutes you have.
- Survival thriller. You’ll have to manage your bodily functions, offsetting hunger, thirst, exhaustion, and so on. It doesn’t boil down to scavenging resources. Surviving on your own is hard; you’ll have to win over allies.
- An uphill battle. Managing your bodily parameters may seem bearable at first, and as time goes by, it becomes harder and harder. Your own body is only waiting for an opportunity to give up and betray you. Things are changing from bad to worse and the odds are stacked against you.
- A duel with an enemy you can’t kill. Your main foe is the plague itself, an incorporeal and malevolent entity that you have to defeat… without having the means to. It’s more powerful and more treacherous than you can imagine.
- Loot, murder, mug, steal, barter, beg… or don’t. You need resources to survive, and it’s up to you how to obtain them.
- The fights are short, ungraceful, and vicious. They’re not always lethal though. Many people—yourself included—would prefer to exchange their wallet for their life.