Discovery, Inc. and Klabater announced the signing of a new partnership for the development of a Moonshiners game based off Discovery’s TV show of the same name. The agreement was reached during the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco in March 2019. The game will release in Fall 2020.
The Moonshiners TV series takes audiences into the exciting world of craft whiskey, diving into the woods of Appalachia where men and women are keeping this centuries-old tradition alive by defying law, rivals, and even nature sometimes. Next fall, fans of the show can step into their shoes through the Moonshiners game. The game will revive the most iconic moments and locations from the television series and blend it with completely new scenarios and characters.
The game is slated to boast the following features:
- Build your own unique apparatus inspired by designs of fabled moonshiners
- Make your own moonshine recipes or find legendary recipes in the game world
- Watch out for the police and Feds – you can run or maybe it’s better to bribe them?
- Discover the atmosphere of the Appalachians: alcohol smuggling, police raids, forest stills and the beauty of misty and mysterious forests.
- Write a new page in the Moonshine history! Will you become a new legend like Popcorn Sutton or Barney Barnwell?
- Decide who you will deliver to and who will have to wait – but remember you are not the only moonshiner in the area and the competition may use any delay.
“The Discovery-Klabater partnership brings together deep skills in development, publishing, and marketing to deliver the best possible experience to gamers worldwide. Klabater’s understanding of gaming industry is uniquely complimentary to a Discovery’s licensing and market potential. Said Michal Gembicki, CEO, Klabater. “We believe this cooperation will become an example of perfectly made license game. With Discovery’s global reach at hand, it is crucial for Klabater to deliver the highest quality products.”
“The new partnership with Klabater marks and exciting new venture for us at Discovery.” said Matt Bonaccorso, Director, Marketing and Digital Products at Discovery. “We are excited about the current developments of Moonshiners inspired video game, and believe this collaboration will continue to allow us to serve our superfans with the games and content they love.”
You can find more information on the game at it’s Steam page here.