THQ Nordic has announced the release date for SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest alongside details of the DLC’s new faction, the Dark Elves. Soul Harvest will go live on May 28th, 2019 for PC.
The description of the Dark Elves reads:
They are different. They are a swarm. They serve something greater than you could ever imagine. The Dark Elves are here and their mission is clear: they will reap the souls of the fallen and reanimate their hulls as their servants. Will you join them or will you feed their appetite for blood?
The new features launching with the DLC pack include:
- Build distinct heroes through various options and combinations on a skilltree
- Lead your army to victory in a reworked sector-based RTS system
- Use unique mechanics of your army units to win epic battles
- Use flying units for even more advance tactics
- Epic fantasy soundtrack and bleeding-edge top-down graphics
- All-new campaign featuring a new storyline with over 20 hours of content
- All-new abilities and skilltrees for even more diverse heroes
- All-new RTS gameplay: sector-based system with a focus on global resource distribution and unique faction mechanic
- Unique mechanics and unique unit kits make the races feel very diverse and offer replay-value in the campaign
- Flying units allow more tactical elements
- New factions: Dwarves and Dark Elves
- Overhauled UI makes the game more pleasant to look at and text more readable
Multiplayer comes with its own set of rules as well:
- Each faction has two unique heroes that complement individual play styles
- A modern multiplayer lobby allows for easier matchmaking and ranked play
- Create your own maps with the powerful modding tools
SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest will launch on May 28, 2019 on PC.
You can check out the Dark Elves faction in the new trailer below.