Fans of Games Workshop’s Middle-Earth Battle Strategy Game have a lot to celebrate this week!
First, a major player in the original Lord of the Rings trilogy is coming in an excellent plastic kit.
Eowyn and Merry
Eowyn, Shield-maiden of Rohan, grew tired of being left behind while the men rode off to battle. Finally, frustrated and itching to fight, she disguised herself as the male warrior Dernhelm, and rode off to battle with the hobbit Meriadoc Brandybuck sharing her horse.
When King Théoden was attacked by the Witch-King of Angmar at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, it was Eowyn that saved the army of Rohan, slaying the ancient Nazgûl, who could not be slain by any man.
“No living man am I! You look upon a woman! Éowyn I am, Éomund’s daughter. Begone if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him!“.
This set retails for $40, and comes with Eowyn and Merry mounted, as well as on foot.
Battle Companies is a skirmish level rule set that introduces the Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game to new players, and for folks who prefer to keep their games a bit smaller in scale. The book retails for $50, and has some pretty cool material included in it that had only been available in White Dwarf magazine prior to this printing. There’s quite a bit packed between the covers, too!
– 38 different Battle Companies from all corners of Middle-earth, each with their own special rules, advancements and abilities
– Full rules for advancing the members of your Battle Company, including progression charts, injury tables, armouries and more
– Eight bespoke paths for your warband’s Hero to follow as they progress in experience
– 18 Matched Play Scenarios specially formulated to be played using two opposing Battle Companies
– Two different campaigns (narrative and map-based)
– Additional rules for using your Battle Company in larger games with the rest of your collection
Made to Order
Finally, some out-of-print miniatures are back in action, but for a very limited time. If you missed out on the original Breaking of the Fellowship pack, or a whole range of other neat monsters and heroes, now’s your chance to snatch them up with Games Workshop’s made to order service!
Those all look pretty great! The Battle Companies book and Eowyn and Merry are both available for pre-order now at your local game store or Games Workshop stockist. The made to order offerings can be found here, but won’t be around for long!