The day before PAX East kicks off in Boston, Yacht Club Games formally announced their next game as they’ll be releasing Cyber Shadow by Mechanical Head Studios. The brainchild of Aarne Hunziker, he was apparently dead set on not working with a publisher until YCG approached him, as they are working together to release this old-school NES style platformer that will make you feel like you’re playing a combination of Batman and Ninja Gaiden. We’ll report more on the game after we visit with them this week, but for now, enjoy the description, photos, and the announcement trailer.
The world has been taken over by synthetic lifeforms. A desperate plea for help sets Shadow on a journey to uncover what set the world on the path to perpetual ruin. Slash through techno hordes, leap past traps, and nimbly navigate the ruins of Mekacity. Only you can unlock the secrets to your clan’s ancient powers in Cyber Shadow – a quintessential take on the ninja action genre.
- Dash, slice, and leap through masterfully designed levels filled with sharply honed ninja platforming action.
- Authentic 8-bit presentation with handcrafted sprites, a detailed pixel aesthetic, and perfect controls. Modern touches like fluid animation, multi-layered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design.
- Take down more than a dozen apocalyptic bosses – from enormous war machines to your synthetic clan rivals.
- Relive the authenticity of classic 8-bit challenge or experience it for the first time … with an added convenience or two.
- Rescue your clan to unlock permanent Ninjutsu skills and abilities – combining them seamlessly as only the warrior of legend could.
- Search for secrets as you explore the ruined world. Return to your old haunts to find supplies, items, and upgrades.
- Experience a gripping story – told both in-game and through animated cinematic story scenes between the action. Who can be trusted? How far will Shadow go to protect his clan and the one he loves?
- Pulse-pounding soundtrack by Enrique Martin, produced by Jake Kaufman.