It's been a few years since Superman turned his back on his old motto of Truth, Justice, and the American Way to renounces his United States citizenship back in Action Comics #900 in 2011. Does that mean his catchphrase is up for grabs? Well, in this preview of next week's Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #42 (which is actually the 50th issue of Squirrel Girl), we get a look into the future as Squirrel Girl jumps on the Old Person ____ bandwagon. But what about her squirrel sidekick, Tippy Toe? Squirrels have a lifespan of 10-18 years depending on the breed, so does that mean Tippy Toe has gone off to that beautiful acorn farm in the sky?
Nope! Tippy Toe is still around in a robotic squirrel body, and apparently, she is the new Superman… with a slight variation on the catchphrase.
What else does Marvel have in store for this milestone (sort of) issue of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl?
Find out when Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #42 hits stores next Wednesday.
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #42
(W) Ryan North (A) Naomi Franquiz, Derek Charm (A/CA) Erica Henderson
CELEBRATING 50 ISSUES OF SQUIRREL GIRL!
• It's the 50TH ISSUE of THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL! That's right: this issue – #42 – is our 50th!
• It says #42 on the cover, but that's only because we had eight issues, and then a second #1 in our first year, although this of course doesn't count the OGN (SQUIRREL GIRL BEATS UP THE MARVEL UNIVERSE), which is another five issues of story, which would put us at… issue #55? This is getting complicated. Anyway!
• By a certain way of counting, it's our 50TH ISSUE of THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL!
• And to celebrate, we're doing a stand-alone story in which she takes on none other than… KANG THE CONQUEROR. It's a battle across space AND time as Kang attacks three distinct eras of Doreen!
• And it's not just Kang who is joining us for this celebration! Original UNBEATABLE artist Erica Henderson is joining series regular Derek Charm, along with Naomi Franquiz!
• THIS IS A REALLY GOOD ISSUE AND WE'RE SUPER BIASED BUT WE THINK YOU SHOULD ORDER IT, THANKS.
In Shops: Mar 13, 2019