The first season of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege has started today with the release of Operation Burnt Horizon on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Like other major updates to Rainbow Six Siege, Operation Burnt Horizon brings two new operators, Mozzie and Gridlock, and a new map, Outback, to the world of Rainbow Six. Owners of the Year 4 Pass can play with both new operators starting today, other players will be able to unlock Mozzie and Gridlock on March 13th using Renown or R6 Credits.
The Outback map and gameplay improvements are now available to all R6 players.
Details for the Burnt Horizon update include:
- Mozzie, an Australian Defender, that can hack Attackers’ drones and take control of them with his Pest Launcher. Having Mozzie in the team give a significant advantage to the Defenders, and Attackers would be better watch their drones if they do not want to lose crucial intel.
- Gridlock is an Australian Attackers who can deploy barbed mats capable of slowing down and hurting Defenders stepping on them. This feature, unique for an Attacker, enables them to use the Trax as an obstacle to reshape the map and control an area.
- In addition, players will discover the lost Australian highways in the new Outback map, an homage to the forgotten service stations lost in the Australia’s Red Heart. Outback is a medium-sized map packed with twists, turns, and Australiana, and is filled with unexpected corners and souvenirs from the Great Southern Land.
- Operation Burnt Horizon also features a series of iconic themes of Australia and a new Hibana Elite Set.
- A brand-new newcomer playlist for players under level 50, to help them learn the basics They will play the Bomb mode of classic maps most representative of the game’s core gameplay, namely Chalet, Bank, and Consulate. Attackers will vote for a team spawn point while on the Defenders’ side, the bomb sites will be automatically pre-selected by the game.
- The Casual playlist will now improve the flow between the Newcomer and Ranked and has been updated. Finally, to stabilize the Ranked gameplay experience, the required minimum level has been raised to 30.
You can check out some suggestions on how to start out with Burnt Horizon below.