Final Fantasy XIV‘s Patch 4.55 is live today, and brings a new campaign to the 48-man PvP mode Rival Wings along with the final version of the Forbidden Lands of Eureka.
The new Rival Wings map, “Hidden Gorge,” sees two teams of 24 players compete to destroy the core in their opponent’s base, however there are also objectives for controlling train stations within the arena, and for besting the goblin mercenaries who roam the battlefield. Controlling a train station will net the team some valuable cargo, while beating the goblin mercenaries will make them fight for you as an ally. Which is a nice twist to the typical Rival Wings setup.
Patch 4.55 also drops the final expedition in the Forbidden Lands of Eureka with the region of Hydatos. Hydatos has an increased level cap, new actions, and improved gear. The story will take players to the headquarters of the Students of Baldesion while battling some massive notorious monsters on the way. Players who complete the Eureka story will be able to enter the Baldesion Arsenal, a high-end public instanced dungeion in which up to 56 players can explore at once.
Additionally, players have a few more days to enjoy the annual Valentione’s Day celebration in-game. By taking on the event quests, players can earn a number of rewards including a Tonberry Knife.
Moving out of Patch 4.55, we’ll see the conclusion of the Stormblood story cycle in upcoming patches, as well as the release of a few highly anticipated functions. The release roadmap includes:
- Patch 4.56 – Late March
- New Main Scenario Quests – The Stormblood storyline comes to a shocking conclusion.
- Even Further Hildibrand Adventures – The Inspector Extraordinaire makes a return.
- Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests – A new quest series bringing together the beast tribes from Stormblood.
- Patch 4.57
- World Visit System – Travel to any world within your data center using the U’ldah, Limsa Lominsa, or Gridania aetherytes to meet and play with friends.
- Final Fantsy XV collaboration – mid-April
- The collaboration will feature FINAL FANTASY XV hero Noctis Lucis Caelum entering the world of Hydaelyn with the Regalia, where he will join the Warrior of Light in battle against magitek infantry, magitek armor, and even the Messenger, Garuda hailing from Eos.
Patch 4.56 will wrap up the Stormblood storyline and set things up for the Shadowbringers expansion which will hit in early July. Pre-orders for the expansion are now open and will give players access to the new content a few days early on June 28, 2019.
You can check out the FFXIV and FFXV collaboration trailer below.