Other Ocean Interactive has confirmed that their online multiplayer game, Project Winter, will launch in Early Access next month. Project Winter is an 8-person multiplayer game focused on survival and social deception. Players are assigned a role as either a traitor or survivor and must gather resources, repair structures, and brave the wilderness together. Traitors will scale over time during the match, and their job is to stop the survivors by any means necessary.
Project Winter will also get an open beta from February 1st through the 3rd. You can sign up for the open beta here.
Project Winter will release in Early Access on Steam, Humble, and Greenman Gaming for PC on February 7th, 2019. Early Access will set you back $19.99USD, but it does come with controller support which is a nice bonus for an early access title for those of us who are absolutely terrible at keyboard and mouse play.
You can check out the new gameplay trailer below.
- Survive & Escape in this 8-person multiplayer game of Teamwork & Betrayal.
- Escape to Survive – As a survivor among a group of strangers, you will have to collect resources, battle the elements and complete a series of tasks to call in one of several rescue vehicles.
- Hidden Roles – Among the group of survivors lurk hidden traitors. The traitors are known to each other but not the survivors. Their goal is to stop the survivors from escaping without being identified and killed.
- Teamwork – Survivors cannot escape unless they work together. Players who wander off on their own will have difficulty surviving the elements, can fall victim to hostile wildlife, or become easy targets for the traitors.
- Communication – There are several ways to communicate with other players, including proximity-based voice chat, private voice chat radio channels, text chat, and emotes – communication is vital if the survivors have any hope of completing their tasks and defending against the traitors.
- Betrayal & Deception – The traitors are outnumbered and weak when the game begins, they may infiltrate the survivors and earn their trust while they build up their strength. Survivors can never be 100% sure of who to trust. The traitors can take advantage of this by spreading lies and setting the survivors against each other.