Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment held its first look stream for Mortal Kombat 11 today with a showcase of gameplay, original and returning fighters, immersive story elements, and innovative features to offer a more personalized experience. In case you missed the stream, we’ve got the rundown for you.
The stream is part of a live community celebration which included an appearance by UFC Champion Ronda Rousey, who was announced as the voice actress for Sonya Blade.
“I’ve been a lifelong Mortal Kombat fan, and Sonya Blade was the first kick-ass, female video game character that I related to,” said Ronda Rousey. “Now I get to voice her in Mortal Kombat 11. It’s a dream come true to be a part of the Mortal Kombat franchise that I grew up playing.
“We’re thrilled to showcase Mortal Kombat 11 and reveal the gameplay, new features and epic characters to the fans,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We have an amazing community, and it’s an honor to share this celebration of the Mortal Kombat franchise with all of our passionate fans around the world.”
Today’s Mortal Kombat 11 announcements included:
- UFC champion, Olympic medalist and WWE superstar, Ronda Rousey, was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
- First Gameplay Reveal Trailer featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ, Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.”
- Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative, featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence.
- Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika, who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, and Sub-Zero.
- A montage of Mortal Kombat’s most iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat history.
- Exclusive Mortal Kombat 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollective ambassador, Mache.
- Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available March 28, 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition revealed, which includes the main game, Kombat Pack, Scorpion mask bust, exclusive steel case, commemorative magnet coin, and authenticity plate.
Mortal Kombat 11 is scheduled for release beginning April 23, 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. You can rewatch today’s stream on Twitch.