Welcome to the mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Five most read stories yesterday
- Doctor Who Series 12: The Real “Big Bad” Responsible for 2020 Delay
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Quotes Rorschach from Alan Moore’s Watchmen
- Separated At Birth: Francesco Mattina and… Everyone?
- Fan Expo and Megacon Remove Francesco Mattina From Their Websites
- WWE: Peyton Royce Makes Racially Insensitive Tweet to Naomi
- Animé Los Angeles – Ontario, CA / JAN 10-13
- Ichibancon – Concord, NC / JAN 10-13
- Kotoricon – Sewell, New Jersey
- GAFilk – Atlanta, Georgia
- Taiyou Con – Mesa, Arizona
- Illogicon VI – Cary, North Carolina
- AniMore – Baltimore, Maryland
- Ohayocon – Columbus, Ohio
- LTL’s Comic Convention 2019, Esch-sur-Alzette, France
- ACE Comic Con Arizona 2019, Glendale, Arizona
- WIP (Work In Progress Comics), Royal Festival Hall, South Bank, 11.30am
- Laydeez Do Comics Professional Development Workshops: Funding Your Project with Dr Nicola Streeten, John Harvard Library, London. 11-1.30pm. Do you have a brilliant idea that you think should be funded but don’t know where to start? Bring your project outline to this practical workshop; a laptop or ipad to work on if you have one, or paper and something to write with. Nicola Streeten will guide you through a series of simple and entertaining exercises in order to refine your plan and translate it into a funding application. You will then work to construct example budgets and timelines that you can then use as templates for your own project. The workshop will allow you time to ask questions and develop a confidence in your approach to realising your idea.
- Laydeez Do Comics Professional Development Workshops: How to run a successful Kickstarter Campaign with Gemma Seltzer, John Harvard Library, London. 2-4pm. Join Kickstarter’s Gemma Seltzer, UK Lead for Kickstarter, for a primer on how to bring a Kickstarter project to life. At the heart of every Kickstarter campaign is a great story. We’ll work together to explore how you can develop, describe and share your creative ideas. We’ll take a look at some successful comics, illustration and publishing projects from across the site and explore what kind of rewards work best along with other helpful tips. We’ll acknowledge how hard it can be to promote your own work, sharing ideas on how to spread the word about your project and build confidence as artists. We’ll also talk about Quickstarter, a creative prompt from Kickstarter to inspire small projects—the kind you do mostly for fun. Simple and imaginative projects with a funding goal under £1,000.
And a happy birthday to:
- Joe Quesada, CCO of Marvel Entertainment
- Jeremy Atkins, senior publicist at Lion Forge
- Richard Pace, artist on The Pitt, New Warriors, Imaginary Fiends.
- Franchesco of Grimm Fairy Tales
- Damian Duffy of Bad Muthaz, Kid Code and Kindred.
- Comics journalist and statistician, John Jackson Miller.
- Wagner Reis, artist on Vampirella, Warlord Of Mars and Red Sonja.
- Marat Mychaels, artist on Brigade, Grimm Fairy Tales, Threshold and Blaze Brothers.
- Kate Tolibao, International Talent Coordinator at Comic-Con Asia.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List