THQ Nordic has been on a buying spree as of late, basically snatching up several games and even whole companies to parse them for new games to make. Some of the most recent titles include Alone in the Dark, Carmaggedon, Kingdoms of Amalur, TimeSplitters, just to name a few. The latest purchase comes from Bigben Games as the company has snagged Outcast. Which s a bit of an oddity as the developers released a game just over a year ago back in late 2017 with Outcast: Second Contact, whereas most of the other games they’ve been picking up have been either dead in the water or failed properties that didn’t meet expectations from a number of years ago.
The purchase is so new, there’s no telling what THQ Nordic has in mind for it, or even when they’ll start work on anything related to the IP. But its theirs now to do with as they please. We look forward to seeing a new renaissance of all these games the devs have been snatching up, whenever they get around to making games for them.
- THQ Nordic Releases a New Gameplay Trailer for Biomutant
- THQ Nordic Acquires Carmageddon IP Rights
- Darksiders III Receives a New Stoic Trailer Declaring the Wait is Over
- THQ Nordic Shows Off the Intro to Darksiders III
- THQ Nordic Releases a New Apocalyptic Trailer for Darksiders III
- THQ Nordic has 35 Unannounced Projects After Acquiring Two New Studios