Rockstar Games has updated the Red Dead Online beta to introduce a new Gun Rush survival mode which tasks players with gathering weapons and ammunition while the play area shrinks in the typical battle royale format. The Red Dead Online royale mode runs with 32 players and comes in both free-for-all and team battle variations.
Naturally, the last player or team standing wins.
Rockstar also released information on further updates like new Races and Showdown Modes. The full list of upcoming changes so far includes:
- Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.
- Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.
- Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition.
- Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.
All of those updates are currently waiting for implementation, while a few others are still in the works. The updates still in development include:
- All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
- A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
- Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
- Plus new weapons and clothing
Finally, Xbox One players can now access the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse, Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle, and High Roller Double-Action Revolver in the beta.