Square Enix will be giving Nintendo Switch and Xbox One owners a chance to explore two remastered Final Fantasy titles. Both Final Fantasy X / X-2 Remaster and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be released on Switch and Xbox One this April.
FF X / X-2 will release on April 16th, 2019 for both platforms while FFXII will follow on April 30th, 2019.
To celebrate the announcement, Square Enix has released new artwork by Akihiko Yoshida which you can check out above. The poster features Final Fantasy XII‘s protagonists Vaan, Penelo, Balthier, Fran, and Ashe.
Both remasters were initially released as PlayStation exclusives, with the X / X-2 remaster being available on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. The game was later released for iOS and Android. So, the Xbox One and Switch ports mean you can go back and listen to Titus’ laugh on every available platform. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age released for PS4 in the summer of 2017, and was later released on Steam for PC players in February of last year.
Both remasters include updated visuals and scores, as well as some cheeky gameplay enhancements like the ability to play on fast-forward. FFXII: The Zodiac Age also came with the Zodiac job system which had previously only been released in Japan for the original game.
- Are Nintendo About to Launch an SNES Switch App for Online?
- Three Final Fantasy Games Going Backward Compatible on Xbox One
- Square Enix Announces a Slew of Final Fantasy Console Releases
- Final Fantasy XII’s Vayne Solidor Comes to Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is Coming to PC on February 1st
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Is A Chance To Rediscover An Old Favorite