There’s been some changes at Activision and Blizzard over the past few months, leading to a shakeup in the corporate side of things. The big news that came out today is that Robert Kostich, has been promoted to be the President of Activision. Kostich has been with the company for 15 years, 10 of which he’s been overseeing the Call of Duty franchise, so not only does he know the company well but he’s had a long enough tenure there to know what’s going on at that level and the ability to take the reins pretty easily.
Other promotions within the company include Humam Sakhnini, will take over as President of King Digital, Dennis Durkin moved up to President of Emerging Businesses, while J. Allen Brack will continue on as Blizzard’s president. Here’s a quick quote about the promotions today from Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick.
“Rob, Humam, Dennis and J. exemplify our deep bench of operational and commercial leadership. These capable and seasoned executives have shown unwavering commitment to our company, our employees, and our beloved community of fans around the world. With these proven, principled leaders at the helm, we will continue to invest in the strategic growth drivers of our business; our talented people, and creating the world’s best videogames, live services, mobile experiences, and new and growing franchise engagement models.”
- Activision Blizzard Reportedly Under Investigation for Fraud
- Holy Potatoes! We’re In Space?! Announced for PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- The Shrouded Isle is Coming to Nintendo Switch on January 17th
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Enters World League in Late January
- Activision Blizzard CFO Spencer Neumann Leaves to Join Netflix
- Dark Souls Developer From Software Working on Two Unannounced Games
- Activision Announces Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
- Call of Duty VP Addresses Fan Criticism Over Black Ops 4's Non-Campaign