Welcome to the mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here. Man, there was so much to respond to in yesterday’s superhero comics, everyone missed the classic fridging in Detective Comics… so much outrage.
Five most-read stories yesterday
- Tom King and Clay Mann Deliver Lois Lane Fan Service in Heroes In Crisis #4 (Spoilers)
- The Anger of White Men and the Return of Two Dead in Immortal Hulk #11 (Spoilers)
- “The Great One” Brian Bendis Teases Things to Come in 2019
- DC Comics’ Tribute to Stan Lee in Today’s Comics
- When Jimmy Olsen Sleeps With Talia Al Ghul – Brian Bendis Retcons Geoff Johns AND Richard Donner in Today’s Action Comics #1006 (Spoilers)
And a happy birthday to:
- Comic book artist Menton J. Matthews III
- Comic store employee, Richard Bruton
- Comic book letterer, DC Hopkins
They’re all going to catch their deaths of cold like that.