It didn’t take long for dedicated gamers to find the latest exploit in Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Since the beginning, dedicated Smash fanatics found ways to exploit the game’s mechanics to produce new techniques or glitches to exploit. The latest involves of the newer characters to the Super Smash Bros. franchise, Isabelle from Animal Crossing.
Discovered by YouTuber TheAfrowJow, the glitch consists of two Isabelle players using her fishing rod ability simultaneously to grab an assist trophy. If timed right, the player who manages to grab it will lock in an infinite animation loop summoning a random assist character. There are 59 possible assist trophies available that can spam the screen in a wave of infinite death. It’s certainly a test of the Nintendo Switch’s capabilities. The video shows what infinite trophies like Knuckles and Waluigis can do to wreak havoc on unsuspecting players.
Fortunately, players can’t exploit Isabelle’s infinite assist trophy glitch in tournament play. Did you try the glitch? Did it to work? Did you find any other glitches you like to share? Sound off in the comments below.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director Wasn't Involved with Character Balancing
- Panda Global is Making an Esports GameCube Deck for the Switch
- Nintendo Boasts the Switch Being This Generation's Fastest Selling Console
- Superhero Stunt Actors Enter Melee in Ultimate Live-Action Super Smash Bros.
- Joker from Persona 5 Will Join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Review: PDP's Smash Bros. Wired Fight Pad Pro