You know that Jason Momoa is a bit of a metalhead, right? This isn’t anything new, nor is an actor using specific tunes to get into character.
In a new interview with Metal Hammer, the Aquaman star revealed what bands helped get him into the right headspace to play the King of Atlantis, citing Tool, [shocker] Metallica, and even Black Sabbath:
“Aquaman’s pretty metal. I know no-one thinks that, but Aquaman’s metal. I kind of build my characters off of metal songs. Conan (The Barbarian) was really heavy Pantera, I’d say Aquaman was probably mostly built out of Tool and (Metallica album) Kill ‘Em All. Ticks And Leeches, if I want to get specific. There’s a lot of Sabbath in there too.”
Momoa’s musicality is actually one of the reasons we were so [cautiously optimistically] excited for his casting of Eric Draven in the now-dead-in-the-water (no pun intended) reboot of The Crow.
Aquaman opens in the UK on December 12th, for Amazon Prime members on the 15th, and in the USA on December 21st.
- 'Aquaman' is the Live-Action 'Atlantis: The Lost Empire'
- Jason Momoa and Co Did the Haka at 'Aquaman' Premiere
- F**king Incredible Live: Nine Inch Nails 2 Nights in San Francisco
- Jason Momoa on Leaving 'The Crow' Reboot, in His Own Words
- 'The Crow' Reboot Wings Clipped Again – Momoa and Hardy Exit
- Jason Momoa Fangirls Over Meeting The Crow Creator James O'Barr
- The Crow Reboot Starring Jason Momoa Gets a Release Date