Not much has changed at the box office from last weekend to now- Disney’s Wreck It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet is till on top, with The Grinch, and Creed II bringing second and third.
Warner Bros. aquatic superhero flick Aquaman debuted in China to a whooping $94 million, the best WB opening in that part of the world to date. This bodes well for the UK and US release, which is already being cited as healthy enough to prompt discussions of a sequel.
As BoxOfficeMojo reports:
Ralph brought in an estimated $16.1 million for the weekend, pushing its domestic cume just over $140 million. Meanwhile, The Grinch had the second smallest drop in the top ten, dipping just -15% compared to last weekend for a $15.17 million three day and a domestic cume approaching $225 million as the holiday themed animated feature is taking full advantage of the season.
The site also points out that this has been a rather slow weekend, all things considered. This marks the second weekend in a row of a decline in numbers.
- Box Office: 'Aquaman' Still on Top on New Years Eve
- Box Office: 'Aquaman' Reigns All After Pre-Holiday Weekend
- Why Does China Love 'Aquaman' So Much?
- 'Aquaman' is the Live-Action 'Atlantis: The Lost Empire'
- Box Office: 'Spider-Verse' Tops With $35 Million
- New 'Aquaman' Clip Intros The Trench from New 52
- Warner Bros. Already Planning 'Aquaman 2' Report Suggests
- To Nobody's Surprise, Crazy Rich Asians Bombs in China
- Box Office: 'Ralph Breaks the Internet' Takes Lead With $25 Million
- Box Office: 'Venom' With $800 Mil, 'Ralph Breaks The Internet' with $55.6 Mil