It’s always kind of fun when a studio starts planning a sequel for a film that hasn’t theatrically opened world-wide yet, which is reportedly the case for Warner Bros. with Aquaman.
According to a report from The Hollywood Reporter (which you REALLY have to read to get to this bit of info), Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich is already planning on a sequel.
The outlet alludes this is primarily due to ticket sales for the Jason Momoa-starring aquatic vehicle, which continues the DC Comics-based DCEU.
No writer has been mentioned with an Aquaman 2 script yet, but chances are if all goes well at the box office, we’ll be hearing about it soon.
There’s also a quote from Aquaman director James Wan in THR’s piece, about just how important Amber Heard‘s character Mera is, and a [joke] alternate title:
“Amber and I would always joke that the movie should be called The Adventures of Mera With Her Sidekick Aquaman. She has way more superpowers.”
Momoa is set to host Saturday Night Live this weekend, and we’re expecting no shortage of talking to fish jokes.
Aquaman is set to hit theaters in the UK on December 12th, for Amazon Prime members on the 15th, and in the US on December 21st 2018.
- New 'Aquaman' Clip Intros The Trench from New 52
- Box Office: 'Ralph' Still on Top, 'Aquaman' Rules China
- Sideshow Collectibles Premium Format Aquaman Figure Up For Order Today
- Jason Momoa Says 'Aquaman' Happens Right After 'Justice League'
- 44 Photos from 'Aquaman': Mera's Jellyfish Gown and More
- Netflix’s New ‘Carmen Sandiego’ Series Poster, Release Date - December 10, 2018
- Legendary Pictures Working on ‘The Toxic Avenger’ Feature Film - December 10, 2018
- ‘Picard’ Will Balance ‘Star Trek: Discovery’, ‘Next Generation’ Says Kurtzman - December 10, 2018
- Brie Larson Adds ‘Captain Marvel’ Items to TimesUp Auction - December 10, 2018
- Disney’s Avengers Initiative Launching Global Park Presence - December 10, 2018