Explosive publisher BOOM! Studios has unveiled Matthew Taylor’s cover to Buffy the Vampire Slayer #3, featuring Cordelia and Spike and a conflagration of pom poms. It makes one wonder, what 20-year-old fashion trend will everyone favorite punk rock vampire be into in BOOM!’s reimagined series, now that it’s set in the current era? Maybe he’s a Nu Metal fan?
BOOM! Executive Editor Jeanine Schaefer says:
If you think you know the story of Buffy Summers, think again – not only will her relationship to Spike and Drusilla be fundamentally different than we’ve ever seen before, but it’ll affect all her closest friends (and, if the kids still say this, her frenemies) in different ways. Matthew Taylor’s cover hints at the danger that’s literally lurking around every corner, and sets the stage for an explosive final chapter of this first arc that no one – seriously, no one – could ever guess.
Will Spike dress like Fred Durst in this series instead of Sid Vicious? Actually, the cover seems to indicate Spike isn’t selling out and will stick to his punk rock roots.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 hits stores on January 23rd. Check out the cover for #3 below, due out March 13th.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1
(W) Jordie Bellaire (A) Dan Mora (CA) Taylor, Matt
• Go back to the beginning as the critically acclaimed pop culture phenomenon Buffy The Vampire Slayer is reimagined under the guidance of series creator Joss Whedon.
• This is the Buffy Summers you know, who wants what every average teenager wants: friends at her new school, decent grades, and to escape her imposed destiny as the next in a long line of vampire slayers tasked with defeating the forces of evil.
• But her world looks a lot more like the one outside your window, as Eisner Award-Nominated writer Jordie Bellaire (Redlands) and Russ Manning Award-Winner Dan Mora (Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers) bring Buffy into a new era with new challenges, new friends…and a few enemies you might already recognize. But the more things change, the more they stay the same, as the Gang faces brand new Big Bads, and the threat lurking beneath the perfectly manicured exterior of Sunnydale High confirms what every teenager has always known: high school truly is hell.
• WELCOME BACK TO THE HELLMOUTH, FOR THE FIRST TIME!
In Shops: Jan 23, 2019
Final Orders Due: Dec 31, 2018
- New Comic Publisher TKO Launches With Big Name Creators and Revolutionary Ambitions - December 10, 2018
- Barnes & Noble Gets a Retailer-Exclusive Edition of Mister Miracle - December 10, 2018
- Cyclops Goes Old School in #XMenMonday Sneak Peeks - December 10, 2018
- Another Year of Rick and Morty Presents One-Shots on the Way from Oni Press - December 10, 2018
- Best-Selling Author Gaby Dunn Makes Comics Debut with Claire Roe in Bury the Lede OGN - December 10, 2018