Insurgency: Sandstorm is hosting a free open beta weekend on Steam, starting this Friday. The open beta is being held just ahead of the game’s launch on PC December 12th.
To help get players ready for the open beta, New World Interactive has released a new Gameplay Overview Trailer with commentary by Lead Game Designer Michael Tsarouhas to help break down all the ways Insurgency: Sandstorm is unlike other first person shooters. From its highly-lethal gunplay to its atmospheric minimalist HUD to Commander-Observer tagteams calling in fire support, there are some interesting bells and whistles that make Sandstorm rather unique. So the video is definitely helpful, especially if you haven’t been keeping up with the game during its earlier test phases.
The Open Beta will feature a large content upgrade on the current Closed Beta test, thanks to an update New World plans to push just before the test this weekend. The additions include the full map pool, character improvements with new voice lines, an optimization pass, and a few other goodies.
Insurgency: Sandstorm is also available in an ongoing pre-order beta, which comes with a 10% discount alongside instant access to the pre-order beta, plus an exclusive in-game veteran tattoo cosmetic. An additional 10% loyalty discount will be given to fans that own the original Insurgency. This additional discount will be offered until the end of March 2019.
You can check out the new Gameplay Overview below.
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018