CD Projekt RED has taken to Twitter before the Game Awards and quelled hype, saying that fans shouldn’t expect anything from Cyberpunk 2077.
The Game Awards is slowly finding a spot for itself amongst one of the most important announcement events of the year for games. While E3 remains king, with Sony pulling out and a general long-term pullback form others over the last few years, the Game Awards continue to get bigger and bigger reveals each year. Because of that, there are big hopes as to what we might see come December 6.
To help narrow it down, we have news of a big game that won’t be there. CD Projekt RED has taken to social media to confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 won’t be at the Game Awards. This was confirmed by CD Projekt RED’s Community Lead Marcin Momot, who said:
We’re looking forward to seeing all the reveals and announcements during this year’s @thegameawards, however we’re not going to be showing anything there ourselves. We’ll share more details about @cyberpunkgame when we’re ready.
— Marcin Momot (@Marcin360) December 3, 2018
The game is one of the most anticipated games in the next few years, so this is sure to disappoint, but it wasn’t all that long ago that we got an extended look at the game. The title also seems to be drawing enough interest that it could just show off the game on its own time, not unlike the gameplay reveal for the game. All this means though is that as for when we will next see the game? That is currently unclear.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018
- Tony Hawk has a New Game for Mobile - December 13, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018