It follows on directly from the events in Justice League #13. With a Joker who has a great disdain for The Batman Who Laughs, enough to be subservient to Luthor, enough to spare Luthor knowing what the Batman Who Laughs will do to him… and in the new series The Batman Who Laughs, going up against Batman and the Joker – but taking whatever side is necessary.
We have seen how the Gotham authorities are now regarding Batman – is the preview of The Batman Who Laughs #1 giving Jim Gordon even more ammunition? In addition to the ammunition that Batman is now carrying on his person? Is this now a Batman with a bodycount?
BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #1 (OF 6)
(W) Scott Snyder (A/CA) Jock
Left rattled by the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL, Bruce Wayne must come face to face with the nightmares spawned from the Dark Multiverse. But even though evil devoured evil in the collapse of Challengers Mountain, the Dark Knight still has his doubts. He discovers that the Batman Who Laughs not only survived the fight with The Joker at the end of METAL, but now he is enacting a sinister plan across the Multiverse-something both terrifying and oddly familiar. But when Bruce Wayne realizes the only way to stop this madman is to kill him, he must consider violating the very rule Batman won’t break…the same rule that created this insatiable villain-the Batman Who Laughs!In Shops: Dec 12, 2018
- Forty Minutes of Alita: Battle Angel to be IMAX-Sized - December 11, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credit Scene in Aquaman? (No Spoilers) - December 11, 2018
- Aquaman Review: A Superhero Movie Without Any Depth [Spoiler Free, Ish] - December 11, 2018
- Jean-Marc Lofficier’s Writer’s Commentary on the Barbarella Holiday Special - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About ‘Spider-Man No More’ Was Wrong Too - December 11, 2018