Stan Lee was married to Joan Boocock Lee for over seventy years, until her death two years ago.
She was born in Gosforth in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, England, and lived in the nearby coastal town South Shields before moving to America, following her career as a model, and marrying Sanford Wells, before she met Stan Lee, divorced her husband and married Stan hours later.
And while she used a strong received pronounciation accent in her subsequent life, she could still bring back her accent from a child, known as a Geordie accent.
Well, in this video-of-a-video taken at the bar at the Harvey Awards at Baltimore Comic Con in 2011, a fan from Newcastle asked Stan Lee if he could do a Geordie accent like his wife.
He gave it a damn good try…
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018
- Top 500 Comics and Graphic Novels Ordered in November 2018 - December 10, 2018
- Sarah Gordon is Going to Burn an Owl to Create Vicious Creatures Graphic Novel - December 10, 2018
- New Teaser Poster For 2019’s Sonic The Hedgehog Movie - December 10, 2018
- Everything Shortbox Published in 2018 - December 10, 2018