Esad Ribic, co-creator of Vs, artist on Marvel Legacy and Secret Wars and genuinely one of the nicest people you will meet at a comic convention, has been reinvented in Brian Bendis and David Mack‘s Cover for DC Comics as a Belgian psychopathic counter-agent Essad Sinns. Last month’s Cover #2 saw him capture and torture comic book creator-turned-creator David Hutch based on both Bendis and Mack.
I understand that Esad was happy to go along with this. But Cover #3 needs to show some of Essad Sinns’ work. And Esad Ribic was clearly rather busy – and possibly unable to work for DC.
Which is where Bill Sienkiewicz steps in. And has taken up the gauntlet of Ebas – maybe not an imitation of his style, but an attempt at the bombasticity that Esad brings to his work.
I am told to expect an uncredited four-page sequence in tomorrow’s Cover #3 courtesy fo Bill.
COVER #3 (OF 6) (MR)
(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) David Mack
Cover goes to Paris as Max is sent to the iconic Angoulême International Comics Festival, where he is about to receive their highest award. But did he earn it…or is it all part of an international spy cover operation? As the worlds of spycraft and comics clash in ways Max could never have imagined, his life-and more importantly, his artwork-begin to collapse around him! Don’t miss the latest chapter of this fierce new comic by the Inkpot, Peabody and Eisner Award-winning talents of Brian Michael Bendis and David Mack (SUPERMAN, Kabuki, Jessica Jones)!In Shops: Nov 21, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Heroes In Crisis, Spoilers and the Lessons of Armageddon 2001 - December 14, 2018
- G Willow Wilson Leaves, Saladin Ahmed and Minkyu Jung Launch the Magnificent Ms Marvel - December 14, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Border Town in Light of Allegations Against Its Writer? (UPDATED) - December 14, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Price Of Pulling A Pull Box - December 14, 2018
- Comics Depot of Saratoga Springs to Close in a Week’s Time - December 14, 2018