Marvel’s never-ending cycle of universe-rocking super-mega-crossover events is the bread and butter, or perhaps meat and potatoes, of Marvel’s entire publishing strategy, and it has been for more than a decade now. Marvel is already hyping readers up for 2019’s War of the Realms, promoted as the biggest Marvel event of all time.
But in February’s Spider-Man/Deadpool, Robbie Thompson and Matt Horak aren’t afraid to bite the hand that feeds them, or at least nibble on it a bit, with the beginning of a storyline called Infinite House of Civil Yet Secret Crisis War Invasions. The solicit claims it’s the biggest arc of the book (check) and that it will shake the foundations of the Marvel Universe (check) and even that nothing will be the same when it’s all over (check).
Of course, if they really want to go all in on this joke, they’ll delay the final issue of the story by three months, undermining the plans for a line-wide reboot, and then add an additional issue for $7.99, make Spider-Man a secret Nazi, and then send executives to do CBR interviews berating fans about it. We’ll have to wait and see how far they’re willing to go.
In the meantime, check out the solicit below.
ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • MATT HORAK (A)
Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
• The “INFINITE HOUSE OF CIVIL yet SECRET CRISIS WAR INVASIONS” begins here!
• The BIGGEST arc of SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL kicks off this month and will shake the foundations of the Marvel Universe!
• Nothing will ever be the same after this issue! NOTHING!
• Spider-Man and Deadpool just BARELY make it back from the Negative Zone in the middle of an Event that the Marvel U’s heroes have already lost.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
- Millennials and Their Job Ghosting in Next Week’s Black Panther vs. Deadpool #3 - December 15, 2018
- Killing Spider-Man in Next Week’s Dead Man Logan #2… Hail Neo-Hydra! - December 15, 2018
- The Debut of Thorshach in Next Week’s Thor #8 - December 14, 2018
- IDW Plans Weekly Ghostbusters Event for April with 4 Teams - December 14, 2018
- DC Pulls Heroes in Crisis Poison Ivy Death Cover at Tom King’s Request - December 14, 2018