CD Projekt Red’s upcoming game Cyberpunk 2077 is shrouded in mystery as the game is still in development. However, a recent report by PlayStation Lifestyle indicates that a hacking mechanic might be one of the gameplay systems involved in the futuristic RPG.
PlayStation Lifestyle‘s piece revolves around screenshots shared by Redditor bboymurchant which show a Facebook Messenger conversation between himself and the official Cyberpunk account. When bboymurchant asked about hacking in the game, he received this response from CD Projekt’s social media team:
Netrunning will definitely be an important part of the game, but I can’t tell you much about it. What I can say is that, gameplay-wise, you’ll be able to hack systems to help you during missions, open doors, distract enemies, etc. You’ll also be able to gain knowledge that you will use to your advantage — locations of interesting places and so on.
While it still isn’t much, at least we do have a bit of a clue about how hacking will work in the game. That’s better than we had yesterday, in any case.
So far, all we know about Cyberpunk 2077 after it’s 48 minute long gameplay reveal really amounts to very little. We know it will be a single-player game with no live services, and that CD Projekt Red hid an apology in the gameplay reveal. We know that the Night City will have six districts, all of which have their own culture. Finally, we know that composer Marcin Przybyłowicz has contributed music for Cyberpunk 2077.
Everything else, like the significance of choice, has only been hinted at so far.
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018
- In Case You Missed it: Here’s Every Announcement from The Game Awards - December 7, 2018
- Midwinter Entertainment Reveals Co-op Shooter Scavengers - December 7, 2018