The folks at Activision have been taking it on the chin this weekend because Spyro Reignited Trilogy has no caption in the game. That may not mean much to those of us with perfect hearing, but to anyone with hearing loss or someone who is deaf, that makes a world of difference when playing. Today, GamePitt posted a response from the company as to why captions weren’t included in the game, to which an unnamed spokesperson sent them this response.
“When Toys For Bob set out to make an awesome game collection, there were certain decisions that needed to be made throughout the process. The team remained committed to keep the integrity and legacy of Spyro that fans remembered intact. The game was built from the ground up using a new engine for the team (Unreal 4), and was localized in languages that had not previously been attempted by the studio. While there’s no industry standard for subtitles, the studio and Activision care about the fans’ experience especially with respect to accessibility for people with different abilities, and will evaluate going forward.”
If you grind that statement down, it basically says Activision considered putting them in Spyro Reignited Trilogy and then chose not to as it wasn’t a priority. They are correct in the fact that there is no current standard by the ESRB or any other governing body to include subtitles in video games, but based on the backlash being seen on social media, it looks like there needs to be.
- Egosoft Announces X4: Foundations Coming to Steam Next Week
- Snoop Dogg Hypes the Spyro Reignited Trilogy in Latest Video
- A Spyro Drone is Making a Cross Country Circuit of the United States
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Receives a New Launch Trailer
- Toys For Bob Announces Spyro Reignited Trilogy Pushed Back to November
- Activision Shows Off New Spyro Reignited Hurricos Gameplay
- YouTube Channel “Super Best Friends” Ending After Internal Issues - December 16, 2018
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Welcomes a New Fighter with Kage - December 16, 2018
- Electronic Arts Releases a New Anthem Trailer With a Hint of Story - December 16, 2018
- Tetsuya Nomura Issues Twitter Statement on Kingdom Hearts III Leak - December 16, 2018
- Macaulay Culkin Visits the Angry Video Game Nerd for Christmas - December 16, 2018