Undead Labs and Xbox have decided to reward the State of Decay 2 community for reaching four million players by giving everyone a free update. The Zedhunter update is now available for Xbox Game Pass subscribers to download and update to their game, which includes a content update to give you tons of new options in the game. You can read more about it here as we have some of the more important updates below.
The Zedhunter Update integrates into your main community game and adds an iconic zombie-slaying weapon: crossbows, with eight new types now available! This is big, as crossbows are silent and powerful weapons – for example, scoped crossbows can more easily score headshots without drawing any attention or aggression from other zombies nearby.
Crossbow bolts can also be recovered afterwards (making them the eco-friendliest post-zombie apocalypse weapon around), and unlike traditional firearms, crossbows never jam or break. Because they’re powerful, efficient and silent, using them against a plague zombie gives you a higher chance of extracting a plague sample. The new crossbows might be your go-to weapon, but the Zedhunter Update also comes with three new melee and three new close-combat weapons for the more hands-on and stealthier survivor – giving you plenty of swords and knives to fight enemies with.
Expect even more customization options in the Zedhunter Update; the content update will include the ability to reset a survivor’s core skill specializations. If you ever wanted to switch your Cardio from Marathon to Backpacking you can read a new training manual and then change the specialization of that core skill – though be aware that the trade-off is that you’ll gain experience for this new skill slower than usual. Additionally, we’ve added six new “quirk skills” (like “Hygiene”) which provide new buffs to your survivors or to your community; you can find these skill books by tracking down the Skills Trader when that character visits your town.
- State of Decay 2 has Garnered 2 Million Players So Far
- State Of Decay 2 Just Got a New Stability Patch
- State of Decay 2 Developer Says Why a Battle Royale Mode is Unlikely
- State of Decay 2 Could Come to Steam After Launch
- State of Decay 2 Gets A New Video Showing Off Zombie Fun
- Sixteen Years of Red vs. Blue: An Interview With Gus Sorola - December 14, 2018
- Atari Flashback Classics Added to the Nintendo Switch - December 14, 2018
- Daybreak Games Reveals PlanetSide Arena’s Release Date - December 14, 2018
- A Fisherman’s Tale Receives an Official Release Date - December 14, 2018
- Infinity Ward Evacuated Yesterday After a Bomb Threat - December 14, 2018