If you enjoy nature documentaries narrated by Sir David Attenborough, we’ve got some great news for you, because Netflix announced an 8-part series titled Our Planet is coming to the streaming service.
Netflix says the eight-episode series was filmed over the course of four years by a 600-member crew in 50 countries, spanning across the Arctic and continents like Africa and South America. It will focus on various endangered habitats and species. The series is a collaboration with Silverback Films, the company led by the man who produced The Blue Planet and Planet Earth, and conservation group the World Wildlife Fund (W.W.F.).
Attenborough commented on the series during a London event, (statement from Netflix):
“Our Planet will take viewers on a spectacular journey of discovery showcasing the beauty and fragility of our natural world. Today we have become the greatest threat to the health of our home, but there’s still time for us to address the challenges we’ve created, if we act now. We need the world to pay attention. Our Planet brings together some of the world’s best filmmakers and conservationists, and I’m delighted to help bring this important story to millions of people worldwide.”
Our Planet will hit Netflix on April 5th, 2019.
- ‘Aquaman’ is the Live-Action ‘Atlantis: The Lost Empire’ - December 16, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Trailer Dropping Tomorrow? - December 16, 2018
- Rian Johnson’s Heartfelt ‘The Last Jedi’ Thanks, 1 Year Later - December 16, 2018
- Box Office: ‘Spider-Verse’ Tops With $35 Million - December 16, 2018
- ‘SUPERMAN THE MOVIE’: Profound Impact Still Felt on 40th Anniversary - December 15, 2018