It’s an old joke. But it may never have been as apposite.
To promote the launch of Conan The Barbarian #1 by Jason Aaron and Mahmud Asrar for January’s launch, for which Marvel will be running a party promotion, they will issue promotional items as usual to participating stores.
In this case, the promotional item will be Conan The Barbarian sword-shaped bookmarks.
Free to retailers who order 250% of their order of Avengers #9 for Conan The Barbarian #1. Same writer of both of course…
Retailers who don’t want to play that game but do want the promotional bookmarks can also buy them at a nominal rate.
Which game will your retailer play?
CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1
(W) Jason Aaron (A) Mahmud A. Asrar (CA) Esad Ribic
BY CROM, THE GREATEST SWORD-AND-SORCERY HERO RETURNS TO MARVEL!
From an age undreamed…hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet…
Robert E. Howard’s creation returns to comics, in an epic tale as only MARVEL could bring you! Conan’s travels have brought him to the far reaches of the unkown, from his birthplace in Cimmeria to the kingdom of Aquilonia and all in between. As his fighting prowess allows him to carve his way through life, so too does it attract the forces of death!
The all-new ages-spanning saga begins here, by writer Jason Aaron (THE MIGHTY THOR, STAR WARS) and artist Mahmud Asrar (UNCANNY X-MEN, ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS), as Conan’s destiny is forever changed!
Parental Advisory In Shops: Jan 02, 2019
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018
- How The Graphic Novel Sale is Looking at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet - December 15, 2018
- Recoloured Poison Ivy Cover From Heroes In Crisis #7 Solicitations - December 15, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 15th December – It’s Just White Noise… - December 15, 2018